Saturday, August 21, 2010

Creature of the Stream : Submission Thirty-Five





Man of the forest and
Creature of the stream.
You remind me of a deer running through the woods.
You find a path recognizable only by the animals of the forest
And eat the berries I might have thought was poison.

This is Torrey. Last week he contacted me about a place deep in the woods that he wanted to take me too. Then he added "P.S. I promise not to off you." Well he didn't off me and it was the best representation I have experienced of hope and peace in one place at one time. Wondering through the woods knowing only that at some point we would reach a stream I flew with it and enjoyed the peace that nature had to give me along the way. When we arrived I dropped my bag and felt as if I could dance on the logs and jump through the stream. After I explored for awhile I lay down on a log looking up at the sky, feeling the wind brush against my palms and hearing the grace of the water as it danced on the rocks. I remember thinking to myself that the only element missing was fire. As I breathe in the air and bound forward in my thoughts my mind begins to slow and silence it's self. All I hear are the elements and Torrey's deep hum of melody farther up the stream. Torrey explained the stream as a place where hate could not be felt. "It took all anger and hate out of me, and i thought mabey the world had a chance, if everyone could have moments like these." After going there myself I understand these sentiments completely. Where is your place where hate can not be felt? Where do you go to feel at peace or feel the inspiration that is within?

No comments:

Post a Comment