Sunday, August 22, 2010

Submission Forty


Darkness

The darkness has descended
and threatens to consume me
my passion is gone
it has consumed all of my energy
this monster that comes like a thief
stealing all the loveliness in my life
taking away every hope that I had
he leaves me with nothing but emptiness
I hate him
He comes so secretly and by the time I realize he's there
it's too late
he's already settled in to the middle of my being
propping his feet up on the dreams I once had
littering negativity throughout my mind
until every space is filled with his poison
I must rid myself of him for good
My plans do not include him
he imposes himself onto me
and wills himself back into my life again and again
I must stamp him out and send him back to the grave he came from
all he knows is death and destruction
all he knows is isolation and pain
I long for him to go away and never come back
you are not friend...you are strictly foe.
so be gone!
Oh, if only it were that easy, our lives would be ribbons and butterflies
joy and love,
but we must know sadness to appreciate the joy
we must know pain to appreciate the love
we all walk through the valleys filled with shadows of death
we all pass through those darkened times that push out all the light
the only difference is, we come out of those dark times
with more hope
with more joy
and with more love

Photo & Poem submitted by : Rebecca Truman

No comments:

Post a Comment