Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dry

So my official launch date for this project is not until June 16th. However, I got one submission earlier that I just must share with you now. Enjoy! I look forward to more amazing submissions.



Genius surrounds me, and I look at my meager words as if they were crusts of bread left for the poor in spirit. My muse is gone...perhaps she left to encourage some other poetic endeavor. I sigh in resignation as I coax the creativity to come, but the well is dry. I must move on to another vein of inspiration and thrust the needle deep within like a poetic junky longing for that heady existence that is created when words and inspiration swirl inside my brain. My soul threatens to leap from my body so that it can be free to fly and dance. My heart waits in anticipation for the rush that I know will ensue. I look at the world around me, and ponder all the wisdom that lies within and outside my being. I search every corner of my existence and shrug in defeat. I sit down inside another's poetic dream and find some solace but still, I long for what God has placed within me, what I was created for. So, I wait. I will continue to wait until those snow capped mountains of stagnated creativity melt and the water of inspiration floods my rivers and tributaries once more until they are overflowing.

Rebecca Truman
Folsom, CA
April 14, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment