Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Offering of Hope

After spending a day downtown in the "bad" area I got to thinking. People from all walks of life are found in this area. Spoken words flow from their lips and mumbles of past treasure. I see tread marks on arms and flowing tears with yellow smoke stained teeth. I listen to music that tells of death and hurt and heartache. I think about the amount of pain that can be found in this one block. I here desires of wishing to die and wonder what it is that keeps them alive with this strong want for death. I'm not brave enough to ask. Instead I turn to my camera and try to capture these feelings. I try to see what I can not see with the naked eye, to feel what people feel when there is a numb breathless pain.

So I wonder, and desire to know, what is it that is offering them hope to keep them alive? What hope do they have that is not available for the naked eye to observe? What are the things that offer you hope when nothing is left?

Over the next two months I will be requesting people tell me what they find hope from. Motivation, Insperation, and Healing? What keeps you alive and moving forward? After I have recieved suggestions I will start trying to capture this hope, motivation, inspiration, and healing with my camera. Then, over the summer I will post one photo a day that tells of your hope. Each day this summer will be a day where someone can hopefully gain something from my hope and your hope.

I look forward to your many suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment